– Date of Publishing: 2008
- The Ontolotask (Craft Task): Between Emptiness and Illusion
- Te Waka Me Te Haerenga: An Artist’s Journey to Te Wāipounamu
- The Whole Is Not a Sum of the Parts – Thinking about Authenticity
- Palestinian Women’s Work: A Handmade Story
- India 1947 – 2007: A Reflection
- Contemporary Iraqi Art: Origins and Development
- Lessons from an Emigré Photographer, Franz Barta
- Of Two Buildings and the Space Between
- Archismithing: Jewellers Who Make Buildings and Buildings That Make Jewellery
- Help! A Picture Stole my Image…
- "Second Empire": Spots of Time
- "Becoming Indigenous:The Impossible Necessity"
- Tapestry Terrain: In-Residence at the Victorian Tapestry Workshop
Victoria Edwards & Ina Johann
- Investigative Strategies of Engagement
- Lines of Site
- "Vanishing Ice"
- Art and the Status of Place
- "terra_data" and Other ‘Lines of Flight’
Juliet Novena Sorrel
- Dualities within Drawing and the Work of Artists in an Expanded Field
- User-Permutations: Space, Place and Meaning in the Paintings of Jake Walker
- Painting after Painting: Losing Faith in the History of Painting
- "Pie in the sky"
- Anita Desoto: Beauty and Ugliness
- Colophon: art: 3 November 2008
Scope: Contemporary Research Topics is peer-reviewed and published annually in November by Otago Polytechnic/Te Kura Matatini ki Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand.